About dogs and dogsports! Most often in images...not words! In memory of Zephyr...my heart dog.

Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Friend In Zephyr

A Friend In Me from ZZ AOD on Vimeo.

A week and a half ago I got upsetting news. Zephyr was diagnosed with lymphoma. He had just turned 15. The prognosis is 4 weeks usually from time of diagnosis. He is still enjoying his walks at the beach, and eating good home cooking. I will not be pursuing any sort of treatment. We are just medicating him to keep him feeling good until the time comes to make a decision. This dog has shaped my life more than words can tell. My work and some of the closest people in my life are because of this dog. He has been my constant and my friend for 15 years. I am determined to enjoy every day that he is still with us, but it will be so hard when he goes.
My boys have never known a life without him. They will miss him too. I am currently making a photo book for them so we can share and celebrate his life. This slideshow is some of those photos over the past 11 years. I love the smiles and laughter. Blessed by growing up with the best dog ever.

No comments: