About dogs and dogsports! Most often in images...not words! In memory of Zephyr...my heart dog.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Farewell My Friend

HiQ Zephyr Jan. 21st 2002-Feb.10th 2017
We said goodbye to Zephyr yesterday. Zephyr is my once in a lifetime dog. My heart dog. He has always been perfection. Everything I ever asked him to do with me he did with gusto and joy. Over the years we competed in flyball, disc, sheepherding and agility. He has been my constant companion and friend through many ups and downs in life. He helped raise my kids with me. He has shaped my life in the job I have, the work I d...o and in bringing some of my closest friends into my life. Words can not say what he has been to me.
He was the last litter sired by Diane McWhinnie's amazing dog Kyle(who was with us in spirit today). Kyle was a special dog and Zephyr shared his qualities. He was entrusted to me all those years ago by Dawn Kadish.
I want to say a huge thank you to Dr. Stephanie Ng who was here today to help him pass peacefully in our home. You so gracefully handled our grief.
It's so damn hard to say goodbye to such a friend. No time would ever be enough.
Thank you Zephyr for always being by my side. Thank you for the immeasurable amount of miles you travelled with me over the years on trails far and wide. Thank you for being such a patient model those years back when I learned all the manual controls on my camera.
Shine on Zephyr Lou Hoo...I'll see you one day on the other side.
And because I have always spoke better with images...some of favourites that I've taken over the years and a few sport pics by others.

No comments: